Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Heading Out!

This week has been incredible!! I cannot even come close to describing how much I love the MTC!  I love the work, I learn something new every time I teach a lesson. It has been a cool experience to learn how to teach by the Spirit. I have a strong testimony that as we put our trust in the Lord and go into a lesson with a willingness and a commitment to teach by the Spirit, that the Lord literally puts thoughts in our minds and words in our mouths. The Spirit here at the MTC is unbelievable! I am still struck at the magnitude and the strength of the Spirit here, I love it.
I have only been here for two weeks, but I have changed more in these two weeks than I ever have before. I have come to know my Heavenly Father and my Savior more deeply than I ever have before, and all of our time here has been focused on bringing people unto Christ through the restored gospel. As we do that it is impossible to not become a better person yourself.



 I am amazed that in only two weeks I have come to understand patience, charity, humility, faith, and many other Christlike attributes. I do not fully understand how to master each of these attributes, and I am nowhere near doing so! But I know what the Savior expects of me and what He wants me to be, and I am striving to get there. I am so filled with gratitude for the trust that the Lord has in me to allow me to be the tool in His hand. I know that I am not here to change people or impact their lives, but I am here so that the Lord can change their lives through me. I am humbled by that reality.
I leave  for West Virginia! We leave the MTC at , and will fly to Detroit and then to Charleston. We will land in Charleston at  night. So exciting!



 I love being here, I love being a missionary, I love serving the Lord, I love studying, I love the gospel, and I love my Savior! I have come to understand that this mission is not an adventure,..... it is a lifestyle! And I LOVE IT!!! Being a missionary is the BEST. The gospel is amazing, and it is absolutely true. My excitement grows every day.

 I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!
Sister Shumway

No comments:

Post a Comment